Thursday, November 15, 2012

Kolam For Deepavali

Hey everyone! It's Thursday and it is a public holiday in Malaysia! Happy Awal Muharram to all my muslim friends! Everyone else, enjoy kicking back and taking the day off!

Just the previous Tuesday was a public holiday as well as it was Deepavali and strange enough, I came up with not only a wallpaper, but a comic too! So if you guys are still in the Deepavali mood, here is a comic that relates to it!

Every year during Deepavali, many designs of kolam can be seen everywhere, in shopping centers, in office buildings and in houses. Just in case you don't know what a kolam is, a kolam is a form of painting that is drawn using rice powder or chalk powder/white rock powder. I think it is an awesome style of painting and being the wannabe artsy bro, I decided to try out in creating my own kolam at home!

Here is what happened!

My kolam had masam manis smell after that.
I didn't fix my kolam after that. Jon and Daryl got their wish to clean up the whole thing after that. I just went to the corner and sulked.

They did it all excitedly. Sweeping colored rice really do make them happy for some reason.

Have a great weekend ahead and Happy Deepavali and happy holidays everyone!

I'm currently away on holiday right now, which explains why I have been rather quiet on social media these past few days. I will be back soon though! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Next previous home