Thursday, December 27, 2012

Handbags and Men

Happy Thursdays everyone! How was your Christmas holidays? Not enough? Don't worry New Year holidays are coming up next. All the more reason to get jiggy on.

I have no idea what that means.

So about a month ago, the issue of men and handbags came up for a bit over the social media. The guys from Bolehland mentioned about it in one of their strips before so it reminded me of an incident where the bros also encountered a somewhat similar situation hence today's strip.

I had this story in the script bank for quite a long while back and only now I finally come around to draw about it.

Here is the bro's take on handbags and men.


No offence to anyone who thinks otherwise but the bros seriously think men shouldn't be carrying their women's handbags. I personally find it degrading and emasculating to the man. Ladies, you shouldn't go out of your way just to have your men carry your handbags for you. I know some of you might think it's sweet and it shows how much the guy loves and respects you for doing such a thing for you which you think it's nice. I don't think it's right. I believe if a guy gets forced to carry handbags even for a bit, he dies a little inside as on the outside he becomes less macho with the leather product slung over his crestfallen shoulders. If girls are obsessed about handbags they should really carry it themselves.

Besides, remember what the government says about guys carrying handbags? I'm sure you do because it was big news and we had the whole world laughing at us.

Despite Jon getting a knock on the head, the couple went like this after that.
I pity the guy.
Just to be clear; shopping bags are okay just not the particular one which contain your purse, keys, chapstick, knicknacks, pepper spray and a brick (maybe). You should know which bag I am referring to by now. No, the brick inside doesn't make your bag any more manly for a guy to hold.

I might receive a lot of flak from the female readers after this.

Maybe that is a good thing. At least the women will pay attention to me for five minutes for once today.

Anyway before signing off, I have an announcement to make. As you know, or if you have been following me on Facebook and/or Twitter, me and a few other artists have gotten together once again to come out with yet another calendar for the second year running! Yes! It is back by popular demand and it is more awesome than the last! Bookings are now officially open to everyone! 


Or click the header with the pretty calendar above
.
Have a great weekend ahead!

41 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. but...you are cat... you got no fist... only paw...

      Delete
  2. It's kind of hot issue lately. I don't know why some girls like their bf carry their handbags.
    It's different with husband carry the handbag when wife carry their child, or the man carry the shopping bags. But it's a no no to me if bf carry their gf's bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if i were the husband, i would carry the child and my wife would carry the handbag. but glad you agree with me on this! haha

      Delete
  3. I don't like my boyfie carry my handbag too.. cz its not manly.. ahaha! its looks like he's the girl and i'm the boy.. futhermore, my hbag full with my heavy stuff..pity him carry it around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHHAA

    http://mymiddleforest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a girl and I totally agree that men shouldn't carry the gf's handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a girl and I totally agree that men shouldn't carry the gf's handbag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahahah i can so see this around in shopping malls bruv. let me try doing the same like jon the next time i see one...

    tehtarikmemoirs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i doubt they would wanna hit you back with your python sized arms bro!

      Delete
  8. it's totally girl's responsible to carry the handbag. zzz if you don't wanna carry your handbag , PLEASE, don't bring your handbag. (ok, i'm a girl) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! true! wow a lot girl agreeing with me on this matter. I actually thought I was gonna kena scolding

      Delete
  9. In my opinion, if a girl wanna bring handbag out, PLEASE CARRY YOURSELF! is like bringing out a burden and throw it to your boyfriend! as reminder again, he is your BOYFRIEND not slave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, my bf is the type of guy that would love to help the gf out anytime anywhere. He surprisingly offers to carry my hand bag despite the fact that we have been together for years and i hardly let him do that. Well, probably i didnt let him carry my handbag is because if i wanted to buy something, he would end up running away with my bag to stop me from purchasing stuffs LOL. Now that i know of his conspiracy, i never let him carry my bag, ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha there is no conspiracy la just my opinion. Your bf is sweet to offer to help you carry but its more sweet of you to NOT let him! you are awesome to the whole male populace!

      Delete
  11. I agree with you. Girls at times became fanatics to bags especially prada, Gucci n lv but yet they make the bf carried it for them. For God sake guys are not into carrying it but Paying for them would be a Yes. Lolx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha i like the way you think! but now you make me worry for my own wallet haha

      Delete
  12. Ahahahaha!! I LIKEEEE!!!

    Btw, I don't mind if husband willing to help his wife by carry his wife handbag because woman tends to shopping and holding thing more than ONE (including, baby, or baby stroller, or another child, plastic bags,etc.)

    BUT, boyfriend carry his girlfriend's handbag? hmm......

    just my dua posen~ (^^,)Y

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that is a good point too! haha if the wife hands are full then its ok to help sekejap. But if me, i would rather carry the shopping bags and the baby while my wife hold onto her handbag

      Delete
  13. Agreed, even as a girl, i don't like my boyfirend to carry my handbag for me, kesian him..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for saying that, you are awesome to all men out there! high five!

      Delete
  14. I only carry em if she's at the shopping mall.. well, I need to control the budget we have.. Coz, her bag is full of my wallet, key and card.. LoL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. y u no keep your own wallet in ur own pocket bro?? haha

      Delete
  15. LOL so many people talking about this topic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah. I actually had this story damn long ago d but now only wanna draw when people start talking about it. dont know if that is a good thing

      Delete
  16. My husband so lucky I don't have a handbag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha why if you have you will make him carry issit?

      Delete
  17. Totally agreed with you!!!

    I never let my boyfriend carry my handbag, except shopping bags... but most of the time I carry them myself cuz some eco/shopping bag design is kinda girlish, so yea!

    Everytime I go shopping, saw those guys carrying their girlfriend's handbag... I will like, whispering to my boyfriend and wondering... is his girlfriend handicapped or what!? If she don't want to carry it, leave it at home then, what for to "mempersiasuikan" your boyfriend!? Awkward moment, you know!? LOL

    It's okay if the handbag/bag's design is unisex one, but not those girly pinkish flowerish handbag... Duh!!!! *no eyes see* Hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah! that is so nice of you to NOT let ur bf carry your bag! shopping bags are totally fine as long as they are not handbags which is clearly made for women

      Delete
  18. No way! It's a turn off for me, and some of them even carry the handbag in the usual way girls carry theirs. Gosh. Carrying shopping bags, however, is a must. :P

    Some of my guy friends actually hand me their stuffs to put into my bag -_-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I don't understand the part when Jon says "Where do you keep your balls? Inside the bag ah?" . And by the way,Jon is so brave for doing that. I've also ever seen guys holding their GF's handbags... But I'll never dare to do like Jon,I'll just gonna laugh secretly behind their back.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry! I DO think it's sweet if my bf helps me carry my handbag cos, after all, it gets heavy, ESPECIALLY when I'm carrying around a bottle of water which we sometimes share. Heavy, you knowwww :/ BUT, he has specifically told me he will NEVER do that (except for particular occasions) and I understand. I wouldn't go out of my way to MAKE him carry it! So kesian!

    ReplyDelete
  21. in Taipei where i live, most of them didnt care to carry their gf's handbag..and i was like "aaww he purposely carry that so he could hold her hand most of the time..and my husband was like "stupid fella, the gf, if dowan to carry handbag, DONT BRING ONE OUT!" (--")

    ReplyDelete

Next previous home